Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America (Allianz Life) recently announced that it has renewed $300,000 in grants to Twin Cities nonprofits focused on improving economic inclusion and security among underserved communities. The funds support financial literacy programs that teach money management, provide asset-building initiatives, and offer financial resources for people of all ages and backgrounds.
“These grants are an important way to close gaps in financial literacy, and to help secure the future of people who have traditionally received little financial education,” said Walter White, president and CEO, Allianz Life. “By working with partners in the community, we can help address these disparities, which contribute so significantly to other inequities in our community.”
The following nonprofits received a 2021 Financial Literacy Grant:
- CAPI USA—$15,000 to support their Economic Empowerment Program
- CLIMB Theater—$30,000 to support their financial literacy plays
- CLUES—$20,000 to support their Economic Vitality Services
- College Possible—$30,000 to support their Financial Literacy Curriculum
- Dress for Success Twin Cities—$15,000 to support their Professional Intelligence Program
- Emerge Mother’s Academy—$15,000 to support their Financial Literacy Program
- FamilyMeans—$25,000 to support their Financial Solutions Program
- HIRED—$15,000 to support their Building Family Assets Program
- Hmong American Partnership—$15,000 to support their Financial Literacy Expansion
- Lutheran Social Services—$25,000 to support their Four Cornerstones of Financial Literacy Program
- Minnesota Council on Economic Education—$25,000 to support their overall program
- Prepare + Prosper—$25,000 to support their Financial Capability Program
- Project For Pride In Living (PPL)—$20,000 to support their Career Training and Financial Empowerment Program
- Twin Cities RISE!—$25,000 to support their Financial Education Program
In addition, the company has also contributed $75,000 each to Junior Achievement of the Upper Midwest and BestPrep, two local organizations that provide business, entrepreneurial and financial literacy programs for students. As part of its Biz Town partnership, Junior Achievement of the Upper Midwest will receive another $25,000.
Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and one of the Ethisphere World’s Most Ethical Companies®, has been keeping its promises since 1896 by helping Americans achieve their retirement income and protection goals with a variety of annuity and life insurance products. In 2020, Allianz Life provided additional value to its policyholders via distributions of more than $10.1 billion. As a leading provider of fixed index annuities, Allianz Life is part of Allianz SE, a global leader in the financial services industry with approximately 150,000 employees in more than 70 countries. Allianz Life is a proud sponsor of Allianz Field® in St. Paul, MN, home of Major League Soccer’s Minnesota United.